We have set up the Let’s Be In the Know project to increase awareness of healthy living and lifestyles through accessible formats and to reduce social isolation for the Learning Difficulties and Autistic communities within Enfield. We also aim to increase awareness of Learning Difficulties and Autism to the wider community in Enfield.
Our activities under this project are:
- A monthly chat and relax session where people with learning difficulties and/or autism can meet and have an informal session talking to others and choosing what activities they do. The dates for these chat and relax sessions are in the activities booklet that can be found here.
- We are holding health awareness sessions in easy read throughout the year, so far we have had:
- We have held an Online Safety workshop which explained about how to keep your information safe when online.
- We will be holding a digital skill course to teach people with learning difficulties and/or autism basic computer skills. If you would like to come on this course then please contact Sarah at firstname.lastname@example.org
- We are producing a blog, called ‘Our Stories’ throughout the year, that our members are writing. This can be viewed below.
- We are also offering free Learning Difficulties and Autism training to the public. If you are interested please see our training flyer here.