We are working towards the inclusion of people with learning difficulties so that they can live their lives on an equal footing to other people in a community that is accessible to them.
- We want to remove prejudice and discrimination from the lives of those with learning disabilities and/or autism.
- We want to empower people with learning difficulties to have a voice within their community and to take part in all aspects of community life.
- We want to promote inclusion for people with learning difficulties so that each person can live the life they choose equally.
- We want to educate the public about learning difficulties and autism
- We want Enfield to be a community that is aware of the needs of people with learning difficulties and autism and is open and accessible.
We achieve these by:
- We run a range activities and projects for adults with learning difficulties and/or autism to take part in within the community.
- We run learning difficulties and autism awareness training.
- We run Enfield’s Learning Difficulties and Autism Council.
- We provide volunteering training and opportunities within our organisation.
- We provide an accredited healthy living training to give people accessible information on staying healthy.
- We give people opportunities to learn and develop their leadership skills .
Listen to what our Members have to Say …
To learn more about us, please listen to our Podcast:
One-to-One The People’s Choice.