Our Let’s Make Enfield Project is part of the Autism Strategy that One-to-One (Enfield) are working on delivering in partnership with Enfield Council and Barnet, Enfield & Haringey Health Authorities’ Clinical Commissioning Group.
The Autism Strategy sets out a number of key actions and recommendations for central government as well as for local authorities, the NHS and Jobcentre Plus, focusing on five key areas:
- Increasing awareness and understanding of Autism.
- Developing a clear and consistent pathway for diagnosis.
- Improving access to the services and support people need to live independently within the community.
- Enabling local partners to develop relevant services to meet identified needs and priorities.
- Helping adults with autism in to work.
- Help people with autism in to meaningful daytime activities (This was left out of the National Strategy 2014, but Enfield decided to keep it in).
What have we done so far?
- We hold an annual conference each year to raise awareness and understanding of autism. Each year we try and address a different aspect or topic that the autistic community would like to raise.
- Partnership work with Enfield National Autistic Society, we fund their Baskervilles Adult Group session. Please see here for more details.
- The Enfield Autism Steering Group has been re-established and the Clinical Reference has been set up. This is co-chair by someone who autistic.
- We have trained staff for Enfield Council in autism awareness.
- We ran the ‘Tech Team’ which was an activity to find out what are useful technologies for autistic adults.
- We run activities and meaningful activities for autistic people.
From our Online Autism Conference 2020 –
Life in Lockdown:
Stories by People of All Abilities
Each day throughout June we will be sharing stories from across our community about life in lockdown. We have special guests who will be providing amazing talks and answering your questions. We also have various podcasts, blogs, photos, videos and so much more to share with you. So please click HERE or on the rainbow to join us.