Promoting a healthy lifestyle is a big piece of what we do at One-to-One, from our accredited healthy living course to our fun filled exercises classes.
We received over 10 years of funding to do health work with people with learning difficulties in Enfield in the “Let’s Get Healthy 2” project. Within this project we developed a diabetes group, walks around the borough of Enfield, health drop ins and healthy cooking courses along with our accredited healthy living course.
Unfortunately, 2019 was our last year of funding for this project. We are pleased to announce that due to the success of the health drop-ins that Enfield Council will be continue as a service for people with learning disabilities, therefore the Community health drop in which runs on the 2nd Tuesday of each month at Community House in Edmonton will still be running.
Although this project has ended, we still doing our health activities that will help people stay healthy and get fit.
- We have different walks around Enfield (see activities booklet here)
- We have Zumba and Fitness to Music classes (see activities booklet here)
- We have swimming sessions every month (see activities booklet here)
- We are starting a new swimming lessons project starting in January. Please see here for details.
- We have also heard we have received some extra funding especially for our accredited healthy living course and we will be starting more courses from February 2020. (Please see here for more details)